State and Local Election Victories for Tax Accountability Endorsed Candidates 11/8!
Chicago – Tax Accountability (TA), the political action arm of Taxpayers United of America, congratulates taxpayers for electing numerous TA endorsed candidates in the general election held on Tuesday, November 8.
“2016 has been a year full of surprises,” said Jim Tobin, Chairman of TA. “The Cubs won the World Series, President-elect Donald Trump turned the political system upside down, and Michael Madigan, Speaker of the Illinois House, lost his super majority! Our sincere congratulations to these tax fighters and thanks to their constituents.”
The following is a list of TA endorsed candidates who were victorious in their campaigns for various local, state, and federal offices:
- Incumbent Dan Patlak defeated Marty Stack for Cook County Board of Review, 1st District
- Joe Tirio defeated Lynn Gray for McHenry County Recorder
- Tom Wilbeck won a seat on the McHenry County Board, District 1st
- Craig Wilcox won a seat on the McHenry County Board, District 4th
- Incumbent Jeanne M. Ives defeated Kathleen Carrier for IL State Rep 42nd District
- Steven Reick defeated John Bartman for IL State Rep 63rd District
- Allen Skillicorn defeated Nancy Zettler for IL State Rep 66th District
- Dan Swanson defeated Bill Butts for IL State Rep 74th District
- Incumbent Randy Hultgren defeated Jim Walz for House Rep IL 14th District
“I am pleased to see Madigan stunned and losing his grasp on power in Springfield,” said Tobin. “And think of the possibility of a revolt within his own caucus! Regardless, we are delighted to see so many great candidates elected to office, both newcomers and incumbents. Taxpayers should be proud of these tax fighters within the halls of power and encourage their peers to live up to their examples.”